Why is the UK considered to be safe?
Each city in England offers you something different from the rest. The United Kingdom has everything from idyllic countryside villages to large cities with skyscrapers. It has cities known for their excellent education and universities over 1000 years old. The United Kingdom is one of the top 100 safest countries in the world. We have provided some of the many reasons why England is considered to be one of the safest places for international students.
1. Student-friendly cities:
- International students are the beating heart of many UK cities, bringing their traditions and cultures to an already diverse country.
- Because of these positive impacts, international students are treated as part of the British people.
- The welcoming nature of the British people makes it easier for young students to feel safe and secure in their new homes.
2. Lower crime rates:
- Every developed country in the world experiences a certain level of crime.
- However, European countries are among some of the safest in the world for international students.
- Regarding the global league tables, the UK is one of the highest-ranked safest countries on the European continent.
3. Multicultural society:
- Every year, over 4 lakh students come to the United Kingdom to further their education. Also, many people from various parts of the world are working here.
- Such international residents make the UK a highly diverse and multicultural place.
- Almost all the universities in the UK offer clubs and activities for international students based on their religion, culture, and beliefs.
- This provides an opportunity to meet people from various ethnic backgrounds and make friends.
4. Support system for international students:
- UK universities offer their students offers and guidance through their support systems.
- This support system provides assistance for university-related, financial, health, and career information, making the place the safest student destination. A specialist will be appointed to whom you can express your concerns if you feel uncomfortable or insecure.
5. STUDENT-FRIENDLY CITIES IN THE UK:
You: "I'd like to pursue my higher education in the UK."
Us: "Excellent! These cities will give you the time of your life.
To continue your study, go through this list of the safest cities in the United Kingdom.
- They will help you throughout the process.
- They will provide you with all of the information they have.
- They will be attentive to your preferences and comfort because they are good listeners.
- They can provide you with sound educational advice because they are well-versed in the study abroad process.
- They will assist with the VISA application and all other documentation requirements.
- Even after you move abroad, you can still get their guidance whenever needed.
- Yes!! We are talking about the capital city that serves as the epicentre for the UK's culture and entertainment.
- It is considered one of the most diverse cities on the planet and the most prominent student hub in the world.
- It is home to over 40 educational institutions and over 5 lakh students.
- This means you can spend your time on something other than studying.
- You have got more to do: see, eat, drink, and have fun, and prepare for an endless conversation about how expensive this city is!
- London is a popular destination for foreign students because it attracts individuals from all over the world, including real-life royalty and Hollywood royalty, and it has bars on every corner.
- Leicester is considered a city that never sleeps. It's a beautiful city with a river, shopping centres, Club Republic, and amazing parks.
- DMU and the University of Leicester are a few famous universities with a massive population of international students.
- Being very diverse and multicultural, it is perfect for food. You can easily find any cuisine when you walk down the road.
- Transport is too good, with buses and low-fare taxis. Even though it is a small city, it is undoubtedly packed.
- It ultimately provides a different vibe compared to London regarding cost and other aspects.
- Being considered the second-safest county in the UK, with more than 100 schools and colleges, you have plenty of activities to undertake during your study holidays.
- If you have a crush on the world's supercars, don't worry! Similar to Leicester, it has easily accessible taxi facilities. Luxury car rental services are available here to test your driving abilities.
- A principal activity here is watching sports. You can be entertained by the local rugby and football teams.
- Greenwich is one of the most beautiful spots, with fantastic city views, bars, and restaurants. There is everything here that you could wish for in London.
- The local job opportunities here are increased by business sectors like IT and communications and educational sectors like the University of Greenwich and other highly respected schools.
- Greenwich boasts places like Cutty Sark, and the National Maritime Museum, for weekend activities. Suitable for all kinds of budgets and preferences
- Of course, it has a busy town centre with plenty of pubs, restaurants, and cafes, which will be an excellent opportunity for students to spend time and secure part-time jobs.
- The most iconic Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh, is voted one of the best student cities.
- It receives the top score for student experiences based on its affordability, nightlife, employment opportunities, arts, culture, and many more.
- You can enjoy all the benefits of urban life with all the shopping, clubbing, and eating.
- Also, you have many things to explore beyond the famous novelty tartan, from the architecture of the castles and mediaeval cobbled streets to the Fringe festival.
- Coventry is considered a diverse place to study because 6.8% of its population consists of students.
- With famous universities like Warwick and Coventry University, more than 40% of the students belong to countries outside the UK.
- It's located just an hour from London, making it easy for you to take day trips.
- It boasts affordable student flats and studios, along with accessible transport facilities.
- To keep yourself entertained, Coventry has one of the largest arts centres, the Warwick Art Centre. This means Coventry is full of culture too.
12. Newcastle upon Tyne:
- As the most populous city in the northeast, the broader area of Newcastle is home to some of the strongest universities, like Durham and Northumbria.
- The universities here are well known for their research and innovation.
- It has a rich literary tradition in art, theatre, music, sports, and cultural festivals.
- Don't worry!! Newcastle has plenty more to offer. It's famous for its nightlife, with iconic bars and clubs to enjoy an inimitable vibe. Despite being one of the safest student destinations. Safest student destination
13. Safety Tips for Students in the UK:
Students need to know the essential aspects that make the UK one of the safest student destinations.
14. Emergency numbers:
- It is safe for students to know significant emergency phone numbers such as police, ambulance, fire department, and so on.
- Health and travel insurance in the UK must be taken care of when you leave your home country.
16. Keep your belongings safe:
17. Accommodation safety:
- You may live in a university dorm or other private rentals.
- Make sure to keep the doors closed all the time.
- Lock your windows while going out.
- Be careful with unknown people like plumbers, electricians, etc.
18. Public Transport:
- Public transports like buses, trains, and even taxis are safe in the UK. They serve as a safe and efficient way to travel.
19. Mini Cabs:
- Even though minicabs can offer lower prices, they are not government-regulated and are often unsafe. Use only the iconic black cabs that are licensed. Do not accept rides offered by unknown people.
20. Using streets at night:
- Avoid walking at night in poorly lit and deserted streets.
- Online maps may show you the routes to be avoided. But better ask the city guides.
- Only hold your cash or other valuable items for a short time while walking on the road.
Going to a new country on your own can be challenging.
Struggling to know everything and to learn your surroundings can make you less attentive to your belongings and safety.
When you decide to study abroad, choosing where to study is a big decision.
Having all the relevant knowledge on the places you are thinking about will be beneficial.
You should take the required actions to guarantee your safety and enjoyment.
21. Stay safe while studying abroad :
- Feeling safe and secure should be the top consideration when considering foreign universities.
- Enjoying this comfort and happiness will make a significant difference between staying, getting a good degree, or looking for other choices.
- I hope the above article provides information about the UK cities for international students coming to one of the best countries for study destinations.
- This guide will help you and your loved ones safely experience the UK.
- This article helps make your stay in the UK one of the safest student destinations.
- Want to know more about the UK's list of courses and universities? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
- Else, make a quick call to our student counsellors at +91 77087 58508 or +91 94889 72333.