The New VISA route for students - Study & Work Easily in the UK
Dolphin Education Consultancy is really excited to have you on board!!
Here is the good news for you if you are willing to study in the UK!
The UK Government has announced new visa routes for international students which will be in effect from October 5.
YES!!! Now you can work after your studies in the UK. The process is much simpler now.
Let's look into the details of this new Tier 4 student visa route.
THE NEW TIER 4 STUDENT VISA ROUTE:
The UK Government has announced the new streamlined Tier 4 Student visa route on September 10th. This will come to effect from October 5.
With this new Student route visa, an applicant should secure a total of 70 points. With this new streamlined visa route, students can apply visa up to 6 months before their course starts.
This new student visa route applied to all the international students irrespective of where they come from. Want to know more about the point-based system? Let us see about the Tier 4 student visa in detail.
WHAT IS THE PBS?
The PBS – Point Based visa System is the main immigration route for the international applicants to come to the United Kingdom for work, study, etc. One can apply visa under any one of the below five categories. Each category requires a minimum number of points to be secured.
- Tier 1 – Entrepreneurs, Graduates, etc. – 95 points
- Tier 2 – Skilled Workers - 70 Points
- Tier 3 – Low Skilled workers – This category has been removed
- Tier 4 – Student visa - 70 Points (Recent change)
- Tier 5 – Temporary Workers – 50 or 40 Points based on the category
TIER 4 STUDENT VISA - TILL 2019:
This visa can be classified into two types:
Let us see what are the requirements for a student to get a Tier 4 General student visa to study bachelor’s or masters in the UK.
- Tier 4 Child Student visa – students between 4 to 16 years of age
- Tier 4 General Student visa – students who are more than 16 years old
- International students with the age of 16 years or more who wish to enroll for studies in the UK can apply in this visa route.
- Earn a total of 40 points
- 30 points for having Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- 10 points for fund maintenance
- Demonstrate English Language understanding – through interview or exams
- Secure place in any of the universities in the UK that is a licensed sponsor of Tier 4 candidates.
NEW PBS DETAILS FOR TIER 4 VISA ROUTE:
Below are the highlights for the new simplified Tier 4 student visa route:
- The new Tier 4 student visa route will be open to the international students from 5th October.
- Students need a total of 70 points which are non-tradeable to satisfy the visa rules. This can be secured by meeting the below requirements:
- 1. Offer letter from approved UK Universities
- 2. English Language
- 3. Fund maintenance to support themselves while in the UK
- This new student visa route is applicable for the students who apply after October 5.
- The level of English required to secure a place in the university will remain the same as per the current Tier 4 visa. This may vary based on the student’s choice of university.
- Students can apply 6 months (previously 3 months) before their course commences.
- No need to resubmit the proof of their academic qualifications along with their visa application.
- There will be no limit to the number of international students who comes to the UK under this visa route.
- Simplified visa route is applicable to all the international students including those from European nations who comes to study after the end of transition period.
NEW POST STUDY WORK VISA ROUTE:
Master’s and Bachelor courses: 2 years
PhD Graduates: 3 years
click here to know more about the UK’s PSW visa route.
- This post study work visa also called Graduate work visa route will be available to the international students from the summer of 2021.
- As an additional opportunity, this route will allow the students to stay in the UK after completing a degree with a track record of compliance and work at any skill level.
- If they get a suitable job, they can switch to work visa routes.
- The time period of stay for the international students are:
BENEFITS OF NEW STUDENT VISA ROUTE:
- New student route improves on the prior Tier 4 visa making it more streamlined for the UK universities and their students.
- A clear pathway is created for the students, ensuring that UK remains competitive in the world education market.
- Non-European students will enjoy the same benefits as European students due to the change of rules.
- No visa limitation in Tier 4 provides opportunity to a large number of students.
- The simplified application process makes it easy for the students who applies to study in the UK.
The new visa and post study work visa policies provided by the UK government is really helpful for the students who aspire to do their graduation in the UK. From the simplified visa process to the change of work permit options will provide a prospering career.
So, what's holding you to spread your wings?
Let's make the best out of this opportunity.
Get your documents and contact our student counselors to know more about Study In UK
Want to enquire immediately about abroad education?
Make a call to +91 77087 58508 or +91 94889 72333